Erasmus Plus scholarship
Candidates are eligible for an Erasmus Plus scholarship, awarded on the basis of excellence.
The grant amount available for the third edition is around 15.
- Candidates eligible for scholarships are students who have obtained a primary higher-education degree or who can demonstrate a recognised equivalent according to national legislation and practices of the degree awarding country.
- Students who have already obtained an EMJMD scholarship or an Erasmus Mundus Master Course / Joint Doctorate scholarship are not eligible to apply for an additional scholarship under the EMJMD action.
- Erasmus+ scholarship holders cannot benefit from another EU funded scholarship to follow the same EMJMD course. This holds for the entire period of the course.
- Students with a double nationality (of a Partner and of a Programme Country) must specify the nationality under which they submit their scholarship application.
Contribution to the participation costs
- up to € 4500 per year per scholarship holder from a Programme Country
- up to € 9000 per year per scholarship holder from a Partner Country
For each student, actual participation costs in excess of the EU grant contribution for the category in which the student has been enrolled (Programme or Partner Country) must be covered by the consortium and cannot be charged to the scholarship holder, i.e. consortia grant the EMMC scholarship holder a fee waiver.
Programme countries: Member States of the European Union, an EEA-EFTA State (Iceland, Norway, Lichtenstein, Turkey and the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia (FYROM).
Partner countries: Countries OTHER than a Member State of the European Union, an EEA-EFTA State.
Candidates will be considered as Partner countries’ candidates who are not residents nor have they carried out their main activity (studies, training or work) for more than a total of 12 months during the previous 5 years calculated backwards from the submission deadline in one of Programme countries.
For holders of an Erasmus+ scholarship (all categories) all participation fee is covered by the scholarship.
Contribution to the travel and installation costs:
- € 1000 per year per scholarship holder resident of a Programme Country
- € 2000 per year per scholarship holder resident in a Partner Country whose location is less than 4000 km away from the HEI coordinating the JMD (Budapest, Hungary)
- € 3000 per year per scholarship holder resident of a Partner Country whose location is 4000 km or more away from the HEI coordinating the JMD (Budapest, Hungary)
The contribution to the travel costs takes into account the residence of the scholarship holder. The place of residence should be verified on the basis of the provision of:
- A residence certificate issued in accordance with the candidate's normal municipality registration rules, OR
- a certificate from the candidate's place of work, study or training issued by the employer or institution in question.
Both documents must have been issued within 12 months before the submission deadline of applying for the Viewfinder EMJMD
€ 1000 per scholarship holder resident of a Partner Country
A contribution to installation costs is offered only to students resident in a Partner Country.
€ 1000 per month for the entire duration of the JMD study programme (24 months maximum)
Contribution to subsistence costs must not be given:
to scholarship holders for the EMMC periods (study/research/placement/thesis preparation) spent in their country of residence;
to scholarship holders from a Partner Country for the EMMC periods exceeding three months (indicatively the equivalent of 15 ECTS credits) spent in any Partner Country
The personal data of the students will be sent to the Agency/EACEA and may be used by other bodies involved in the management of EMJMD acting as stakeholders of the program (i.e. European Commission, Erasmus+ National Offices, EU Delegations, Erasmus Mundus Students and Alumni Association) for facilitating the student access to the joint program.